Postcard Pledge & Share
In late May, all households in Canberra will receive a pledge postcard in the mail. Spend some time coming together and making a pledge for reconciliation. Share a photo of your pledge postcard or a video of your pledge using #ReconciliationDayCBR.
Some examples to help you make your pledge are:
- I will visit Reconciliation Australia’s website to read about reconciliation.
- I will learn more about Ngunnawal culture as the Traditional Custodians of the land where I live.
- I will visit arts and museum exhibitions of First Nation’s people.
- I will do a cultural competency course.
- I will read books from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander authors.
- I will organise my work colleagues to attend National Reconciliation Week and NAIDOC Week events.
- I will set up a learning circle at work where we can regularly gather and learn about the histories and cultures of the local First Nation’s peoples.
- I will undertake cultural awareness training in my workplace.
- I will talk to my colleagues and set up a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) working group to start our journey on contributing to Reconciliation in or workplace.
- I will support local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business where I can.
- I will respect, support and learn from our local Ngunnawal Elders.
- I will create learning opportunities for my children about Ngunnawal culture.
Tell us what you think about our Reconciliation Day activities by completing this quick community survey:
CLICK TO PARTICIPATE